Wednesday 17 April 2013

Lemongrass chilli chicken

I am calling this lemongrass chilli chicken because I figured I'd better just pick two or the post title would be too long. But actually this has a bunch of other herbs and things all of which combine to make it very aromatic and tasty!

First brown some chicken and onion in some oil (I used olive oil) in a wok. Then remove them and set them aside. Next add some more oil and put in lemongrass, chilli, ginger (all finely chopped) and ground coriander seeds (yay, I got to use my new spice grinder for the first time!). Cook these for maybe thirty seconds to release their delicious flavours, then add your vegies. I used carrot, buk choy, capsicum and cashew nuts. For the sauce, I used soy sauce, plenty of fish sauce and some raw sugar (to counteract some of the sourness of the fish sauce). When everything is mostly cooked, add back in the chicken and onion.

Finally, once it's all done, stir through some fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice. All in all this was pretty quick and easy, especially with magic chopping-stuff-up gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment