Saturday 12 May 2012

Honey Soy Chicken Stirfry

Honey Soy Chicken Stirfry

This is a meal I cook relatively often because it is tasty, fast, easy and only uses one pan so has minimal cleaning up. It is essentially just chicken, hokkien noodles, vegetables and sauce in a wok (or a normal frypan also works). I get the Kan Tong noodles because you don't need to soak them or anything first, you can just throw them straight in.

To make the sauce, you put some soy sauce in a bowl, add some honey and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the honey. Then add a teaspoon of sugar. I use raw sugar but white sugar also works fine. Stir it to make sure it's all mixed together and taste it to check it's ok. If it's too salty, add more sugar or honey. If it's too sweet, add more soy sauce.

You should only add the sauce to the pan at the very end so the sugar and honey don't caramelise. You pretty much just have it in there long enough to heat it up and stir it through.

You can put whatever vegetables you like with this and I frequently change it around. However, I almost always include water chestnuts, cashews and baby corn as they have a good combination of flavours and textures for this sauce. Other things I added this time: carrot, onion, red capsicum, choy sum, birdseye chillis (I used three), and sesame seeds.

1 comment:

  1. I think I am going to try this one on a weeknight - great <30min dish by the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete